Heritage Pool and Racquet Club
As approved by the Board of Directors June 10, 2018
The purpose of these rules is to secure the safety and enjoyment of all members and guests. Club privileges may be withdrawn from any person who fails to observe them. Rules will be revised by the Board of Directors from time to time, as the Board determines to be advisable. Comments or suggestions are welcome and should be made in writing to a member of the Board of Directors.
All persons using the Club do so at their own risk. The Club will assume no responsibility for the loss or damage to personal property.
Nothing in these rules shall prevent the staff from enforcing additional rules necessary to insure a safe environment.
SECTION 1: GENERAL
SECTION 2: HOURS OF OPERATION
SECTION 3: CHILDREN
1. Children 10 years of age or older are permitted to be in the pool area unsupervised before 6:00 p.m. if they are qualified swimmers and behave as responsible young people.
2. Children under the age of 10 years must be accompanied in the pool enclosure at all times by a responsible adult (or baby-sitter 13 years of age or older).
3. Children 13 years of age or older are permitted to be in the pool area unsupervised after 6:00 p.m. if they are qualified swimmers and behave as responsible young people.
4. Children under 13 years of age are not permitted inside the pool compound after 6 p.m. unless:
a) They are accompanied within the pool compound by a parent or baby-sitter 16 years of age or older, or
b) They are certified as to deep-end swimming ability (as described in item 8 in this section below), are deemed responsible by the pool staff on duty, and are accompanied by a designated baby-sitter 13 years of age or older within the pool compound while their parent is on the Heritage grounds.
5. Children under 3 years of age are not permitted to use the main pool, but shall use only the wading pool provided they are wearing either a “swim diaper” or a bathing suit with a sanitary liner. Children over the age of 3 and who are not toilet-trained may not use the main pool but shall use only the wading pool provided they are wearing either a swim diaper or a bathing suit with a sanitary liner.
6. Children in the wading-pool compound must be responsibly accompanied by a parent or a person 13 years of age or older designated by the parent. There is no lifeguard on duty at the wading pool at any time.
7. No children over the age of 6 shall be permitted to use the wading pool at any time.
8. No child under the age of 13 shall be allowed in the deep end of the main pool unless:
a) They have been certified as to their ability by a lifeguard or the Club Manager, or
b) They are participating in swim or dive lessons and are in the deep end as part of said lessons, or
c) They are accompanied in the water by a responsible adult (approved by the staff on duty).
9. Emergency Contact/Health Forms must be completed at the beginning of each season, and on file for every member under the age of 18. Children will not be permitted to participate in any programs or be at the club unsupervised without a completed form on file.
SECTION 4: GUESTS
1. Guests are welcome provided that they abide by the rules and regulations of the Club. Guests at the pool and/or tennis courts must be signed in with a Guest Slip filled out and submitted to the staff on duty at the clubhouse. Daily fees per person (child or adult) shall be charged, with one rate for weekdays (currently $4) and another for weekends and holidays (currently $6). These rates are subject to change by the Board and will be published in the spring membership letter.
Members will be billed for guests on the fall bill.
2. Baby-sitters or nannies shall be allowed to use the facilities while accompanying the member child(ren) for whom they are caring. A flat charge for the season will be established and published annually by the Board. The current charge is $50. Payment, including the name of the individual, must be sent to the Club one week prior to the arrival of the individual.
3. Anyone having a house guest(s) for the summer (including exchange students and au pairs) may also request a flat-rate charge for the season. The rate per person and a maximum charge for a family will be established and published annually by the Board. The current rate is $50 with a maximum family charge of $150.
This request must be made to the Club and be accompanied by payment prior to the visit.
4. A member shall not introduce more than seven guests on the same day without permission from the Club Manager. In no case shall a member be allowed to introduce more than ten guests on the same day without permission of the Board of Directors. Members are asked to notify the Pool Manager if they are hosting an event that includes more than 10 people (including both members and non-members).
5. Repeat visits by a guest (other than flat-rate guests) shall be limited to four days per month regardless of how many different members may sponsor the guest during said month.
6. Members must accompany their guests at all times guests are on the premises, and are responsible for all damages/injuries caused by their guests and agree to indemnify the Club for any injury suffered by their guests.
SECTION 5: FOOD
For reasons of cleanliness and respect for others, as well as for concern for those members who have any of a variety of allergies please follow the following guidelines,
1. No food, drinks, or chewing gum shall be allowed on the pool deck or on the tennis courts. Notwithstanding this, on the tennis courts only, water and sports drinks in plastic or non-shatter bottles will be allowed. Food should be consumed only at the tables provided and on the grass areas.
2. All members should clean up tables after they use them. Members should not leave open containers of food sitting untended.
3. All members should clean grills and utensils after using them. Gas for the grills should be shut off at the tank.
4. We encourage children and adults to wash their hands and face after eating and before entering the pool.
5. Ice cream purchased from an ice cream truck shall be eaten outside the clubhouse on or near the ice cream bench and members shall clean up after themselves. Ice cream purchased from an ice cream truck shall not be brought into the pool compound.
Nothing in this section shall be interpreted as a ban of any type on any type of food or ingredient. Members, their children, and their guests are advised that while there are all types of food consumed on the premises at Heritage, bringing certain food products to Heritage could put members with food allergies at risk of a life-threatening reaction. We encourage members to keep food contained as mentioned above in order to make it safer for all members. However, due to our staffing levels and the need for lifeguards to remain focused on swimmers, Heritage does not supervise food types consumed on the premises. Heritage assumes no liability whatsoever for any allergic reaction that any person may suffer while using the club’s facilities. Members and their children and guests are reminded to remain vigilant for their own health and safety and to immediately report any concerns to the club’s staff.
SECTION 6: SWIMMING POOL COMPOUND
1. No person shall enter the pool unless a staff lifeguard is in the chair.
2. No one having any skin infections or communicable illness shall use the pool. All bathers must shower before entering the pool. Showers are located in each bathroom as well as behind the pump-house near the volleyball court.
3. Bathing suits only are allowed in the pool. No cutoff jeans, tennis or other shorts allowed.
4. Glassware is prohibited on the pool deck including under the pavilion.
5. Floating aids, balls, skin-diving equipment (masks, snorkels, fins, etc.), and water-spraying devices may not be used except as part of a Heritage swimming class or with permission of an on-duty lifeguard. Masks with glass face plates are prohibited.
6. Running, playing tag, wrestling, unnecessary splashing, pushing, pulling, water-fighting, snapping towels, and other horseplay are prohibited.
7. Diving is permitted only in designated areas.
8. ADULT SWIM: At the announcement of the Adult Swim, all persons under the age of 16 will clear the pool. Adults are reminded that they remain responsible for their children during Adult Swim.
9. The lifeguard or person in charge may clear the pool of swimmers whenever necessary.
SECTION 7: TENNIS FACILITIES
General Tennis Rules
Heritage Pool and Racquet Club is a 501(c)(7) non-profit organization. 155 Old Bedford Road, Concord, MA 01742